My favourite skincare/skincare routing using Liz Earle products

19:45


I know, I know, I am late to discover the amazingness that is Liz Earle Skincare and I know there are a lot of reviews floating around the blogosphere, but since I always get questions about my skin, I've decided to write my own opinions: likes and dislikes - and anything in between

Before I start off, I want to mention that I have been gifted my nature with great skin and I rarely get pimples, most of then are semi-pimples found on the forehead and maybe chin. The thing I struggle with most is extremely dry skin accompanied by redness. 
Therefore, I am always on the look-out for new creams, oils and products to bring some life into my skin.

In the photo below, you can see how my skin looks at the moment - no editing no retouching in photoshop - just make-up and good skincare to keep a bright complexion



Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser for Dry/Sensitive

The first product that I tried, was the Skin Repair Moisturiser for Dry and Sensitive skin. This thing is liquid gold (!!!!!!), I can't praise it enough. After years of dull, patchy skin, I can say that my face is no longer that, in fact it looks glowy, full of life and smooth like velvet. I not longer feel as if my skin is tight and doesn't fit my huge skull, which is both amazing and surprising. 

And because I wanted to see how it would do anywhere else, I am now using it as hand cream too ! 
My hands feel nice and smooth with a pleasant side-effect: I noticed that the wrinkles on the top of my hands are fading

Moisturising is the most important step of my skincare routine because the way make-up stays on my face is dependent on how my skin feels. The better if feels and looks, the greater the results of the products I use to do my make-up.

* If you have oily skin, don't make the common mistake of not moisturising !! Your skin will only produce more oil to overcome the lack of moisture. If you want to tackle it, rather use a moisturiser that is specifically catered to your skin type 

After all these great results, I decided to purchase a few more items, but since I didn't want to fully invest in trying new products, I got the Liz Earle Instant Radiance Collection (Dry/Sensitive) and had a few weeks of trying them now. 

So here you have my current skincare regime that I go trough every night (prices displayed are for full bottles)

1. I cleanse the bulk of my make-up using Bioderma Sensibio H2O and a few cotton pads until they come clean after a swipe of the entire face.

2. Liz Earle  Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (14£)- to deep clean the pores and take-off anything that was left after Step1.  I also use the Muslin Cloth provided in the kit, soaked in hot water, to take-off the cleanser and the "junk". This gives a soothing feeling and you'd be surprised how much make-up can still linger and is difficult to remove. The Muslin cloth also helps get rid of all the dead cells, therefore it acts as a very gentle exfoliator. 

The only thing I'm not particularly fond of is the smell - the eucalyptus scent is a bit strong for me, but it's not irritating 


3. Instant Boost Skin Tonic (14£) - I use it straight after the previous step, and it's just a toner. Nothing to amazing about it, but it works great in closing pores. 

Dislike: It tightens the skin a bit too much and feels drying.

4. Moisturiser (20.25£) - I have raved enough about it, but another thing I would add is that it doesn't feel greasy not does it feel thick. 

Dislike: the smell is very similar to a bunch of plants being put together. But since all the products are vegan and packed with natural ingredients, it makes sense. This is better than products that are packed with synthetic perfumes that can act as irritants to the skin. If you have a problematic skin, avoid any product that had perfumes.

5. Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion - to finish everything and help my puffy eyes, I use this soothing lotion that is very light and easy on the eyes. I apply it using my ring finger in a tapping motion being very careful not to put it in my eyes. 

6. Pimple creams - I use a couple of treatments to help me tackle any monsters that might appear during "that time of the month" or if my skin just has a bad day. 
Mario Badescu Drying Lotion - this stuff is magic ! When I don't want to use stronger stuff, and I see a pimple growing - I apply it with a cotton bud to the area and by the morning, the monster is gone

** Differin - this is had been prescribed to by my dermatologist and is amazing, but very strong, can be irritating and drying. I only use it on very stubborn areas that need more TLC.

To conclude, I can successfully say that this combination of products has saved my life. I paid everything with my own money, and I would do it all over again. Actually, I have re-purchased the Moisturised for de 2nd time, and I will do that again as soon as I ran out of it.

I would like to point out that in terms of keeping the acne away, I particularly pay attention to the products I use - I always try to find good quality products. 

- But also - 

I clean my brushes weekly. If you struggle with acne, I would recommend cleaning your utensils every couple a days with scent free shampoo or soap to avoid further breakouts

I hope you found this useful, please let me know your thoughts and questions in the comments box below!

As always

Yours truly,
AndraV





You Might Also Like

0 comments